I don’t know about you, but during summer, I begin to crave lighter dishes for dinner and this little noodle salad is both healthy and satisfying. The tangy Nam Jim dressing is packed full of flavour and it’s super easy to whip up for a quick and easy midweek meal!
Nam Jim Prawn Salad
12 large king prawns, deveined but with tails intact
1/2 packet soba OR rice noodles
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 small bunches pak choy
For the dressing:
2 red chillies, with seeds, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped roughly
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp. fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small jug until the sugar has dissolved and set aside until needed.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the packet directions, then rinse and drain well.
- Cook the frozen peas in a small saucepan of boiling water, then drain well and allow to cool.
- Once the noodles and peas have cooled, pop them in a bowl and stir through 3/4 of the Nam Jim dressing.
- To cook the prawns, heat a little coconut oil in a pan and heat through until they change colour and are pink and juicy. I like to brush a little of the Nam Jim across their flesh while cooking for extra flavour!
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the pak choy and steam for a few minutes in the microwave.
- Divide the noodle salad into 2 bowls with the steamed pak choy, place the cooked prawns on top then drizzle with the remaining Nam Jim dressing and devour!