Whoever said ‘you don’t make friends with salad’, has obviously never been in my kitchen. A good salad can be life-changing, especially when it comes to the monotony of weekday work lunches so while this dish is certainly simple, trust me when I say – it will hit the spot! It’s also a great way to include a generous dose of the anti-inflammatory super spice, turmeric, in your daily diet too. Enjoy!
LUXE / HEALTH Turmeric Cauliflower and Cabbage Salad
1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 small lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
Juice of 1/2 lime
1-2 tsp. ground turmeric
Olive or coconut oil
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
Handful of rocket
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with a good glug of olive or coconut oil, a couple of teaspoons of turmeric (depending how much you like the flavour) and a good crack of sea salt and black pepper.
- Pop seasoned cauli onto a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until the florets have started to turn golden brown and the cauli has softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, mix together cabbage, spring onions, cucumber and rocket. Add the cooked cauliflower then drizzle with a little olive oil and the juice of half a lime. Add the coriander and mint then toss again.
- Serve with a generous crumbling of goats cheese and devour!