These tasty wee numbers were the happy result of a craving for peanut butter and pecans. Plus, with our fruit bowl seemingly always housing a bunch of overripe bananas, I was easily lured to the kitchen by the promise of chewy, chunky, crunchy, oats cookies. The best bit? They are completely guilt-free…
LUXE / HEALTH Peanut Butter + Pecan Cookies
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. peanut butter
4 dates, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp. black chia seeds
1 tsp. vanilla powder (I love this one by Loving Earth)
- Preheat your oven to 180, fan-bake.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana then add the oats, coconut, pecans, peanut butter, dates, chia seeds and vanilla powder.
- Mix well to combine, then on a baking paper lined tray, roll tablespoon sized spoonfuls into balls.
- Press down gently with a fork to flatten then bake for 18-20 minutes until the bottoms are golden but the centre is still chewy.
- Devour while warm then store any extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.