These tasty wee numbers were the happy result of a craving for peanut butter and pecans.
Plus, with our fruit bowl seemingly always housing a bunch of overripe bananas, I was easily lured to the kitchen by the promise of chewy, chunky, crunchy, oats cookies. The best bit? They are completely guilt-free…
LUXE / HEALTH Peanut Butter + Pecan Cookies
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. peanut butter
4 dates, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp. black chia seeds
1 tsp. vanilla powder (I love this one by Loving Earth)
- Preheat your oven to 180C, fan-bake.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana before adding the oats, coconut, pecans, peanut butter, dates, chia seeds and vanilla powder.
- Mix well to combine, then on a baking paper lined tray, roll tablespoon sized spoonfuls into balls.
- Press down gently with a fork to flatten then bake for 18-20 minutes until the bottoms are golden but the centre is still chewy.
- Devour while warm then store any extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I don't know about you, but during summer, I begin to crave lighter dishes for dinner...
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!