This Sydney heatwave has me craving nothing but salad so if you can relate, get stuck into this pork, pomegranate and pistachio beauty!
LUXE / HEALTH Sumac Pork + Pomegranate Salad
1 pork fillet
1 cup quinoa
Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
4–6 spring onions, finely sliced
Handful of steamed green beans
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. sumac
Zest and juice of one lemon + extra
- In a large bowl, mix the ground coriander, cumin, sumac, lemon zest and lemon juice with a good glug of olive oil. Pop the pork fillet in the marinade, cover and chill for a few hours, or overnight if possible.
- Rinse the quinoa and drain well before adding to a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20–25 minutes until the water has absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan, then cook your pork for 3–4 minutes on each side until well browned and the pork has cooked through.
- To assemble your salad, toss the quinoa with your steamed green beans, spring onions, fresh coriander, mint and pistachios. Add the juice and seeds of the pomegranate and pile high on your plate.
- Slice the pork fillet into 1/2 cm slices and place on top of your quinoa salad. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and any extra pomegranate seeds. A crumble of goats cheese or a dollop of Greek yoghurt would go down a treat too!
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!
This refined sugar-free caramel slice is heavenly...