Another day, another salad! I promise you though, this one will hit the spot and solve any of those mid-week dinner dilemmas too…
LUXE / HEALTH Lamb with Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Salad
1 lamb backstrap
1/4 Kent pumpkin, sliced into wedges
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 small Lebanese cucumber, shaved into ribbons (just use your vegetable peeler)
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Small handful pine nuts, toasted
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 then prep your pumpkin by slicing into thin wedges. Pop on a baking paper lined tray then drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Once your oven is hot, roast the pumpkin for 35-45 minutes until cooked through and tender.
- Drain and rinse your tinned chickpeas, then place them into a salad bowl with a large handful of rocket, the sliced onion and cucumber ribbons. Toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- To prep your lamb, bring it to room temperature then generously rub ground cumin, sea salt and pepper into the meat.
- Heat a frying pan or grill plate and once it’s piping hot, cook the lamb for two and a half minutes each side before setting aside to rest. This will give you nice pink, rare lamb.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked through, drizzle a little balsamic reduction over the pumpkin wedges – then you’re ready to plate up!
- Place a couple of pieces of pumpkin in each plate, then heap a generous serve of the rocket salad on top. Slice the rested lamb and place on top of your salad before sprinkling with pine nuts and a generous (read: very generous!) helping of goats cheese. Dinner sorted!