There’s nothing better than summer fruit on a hot day and with Sydney currently sweltering through a heatwave, I am craving light and tasty salads for dinner.
This salad dish is super simple, but the combo of sweet sticky peaches and fresh bocconcini is too good not to share. The perfect side dish for your next barbecue!
LUXE / HEALTH Grilled Peach + Bocconcini Salad
2 peaches (yellow or white is fine – just make sure they’re not too ripe)
1 small handful of rocket
4–6 balls of baby bocconcini, sliced thinly or torn roughly
Handful of green beans
Balsamic vinegar or reduction (whatever you have handy)
- Start by prepping your peaches by halving them and removing the stone. Lay them on a board and drizzle over a little balsamic reduction or vinegar.
- Heat your barbecue grill or a grill pan if you’re cooking indoors – and once it’s piping hot, place your peaches sticky side down and cook through for 3–4 minutes until golden and glazed.
- Meanwhile, steam a handful of green beans then run under cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Toss your cooked beans with rocket, sliced bocconcini and a little olive oil.
- Pile the salad onto a serving platter and once your peaches are ready, place them gently on top before drizzling with a little extra balsamic to taste.
- Devour immediately!
I don't know about you, but during summer, I begin to crave lighter dishes for dinner...
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!