This dish is currently on high rotation in our kitchen as my obsession with Shiitake mushrooms continues…
But vegetables aside, this dish is a winner as it’s packed with flavour and literally takes 20 minutes from prep to table. If you don’t like pork, simply replace with chicken mince. Enjoy!
LUXE / HEALTH Chilli Pork Noodles
500g lean pork mince
2 bunches Pak Choy (or whatever Asian greens you have in your fridge), sliced
6 spring onions, finely sliced
Handful Shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
1.5 inches fresh ginger, grated
1 generous tbsp. chilli bean sauce (find this at your local Asian supermarket)
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsp. gluten free soy sauce
1 tsp. coconut sugar (optional)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 packet rice noodles
- In a small jug, mix together chilli bean sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, coconut sugar, garlic and 1/2 cup cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a wok, then add the pork mince, spring onions and mushrooms to the pan and toast for a few minutes until the meat starts to brown.
- Add the chilli sauce and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5–6 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to packet directions. Rinse well, drain and set aside.
- Add the sliced Pak Choy to the wok and toss until greens are cooked through and wilted.
- Divide rice noodles between two bowls and spoon over pork mixture, including a generous spoonful of the chilli sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander and cucumber on the side.
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!
This refined sugar-free caramel slice is heavenly...