Whoever said ‘you don’t make friends with salad’, has obviously never been in my kitchen.
A good salad can be life-changing – especially when it comes to the monotony of weekday work lunches. So, while this dish is certainly simple, it’s packed with flavour. It’s also a great way to include a generous dose of anti-inflammatory turmeric into your diet.
LUXE / HEALTH Turmeric Cauliflower + Cabbage Salad
1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 small lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
Juice of 1/2 lime
1-2 tsp. ground turmeric
Olive or coconut oil
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
Handful of rocket
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with a good glug of olive or coconut oil, a couple of teaspoons of turmeric (depending how much you like the flavour) and a good crack of sea salt and black pepper.
- Pop seasoned cauli onto a baking sheet and roast for 15–20 minutes until the florets have started to turn golden brown and the cauli has softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, mix together cabbage, spring onions, cucumber and rocket. Add the cooked cauliflower then drizzle with a little olive oil and the juice of half a lime. Add the coriander and mint then toss again.
- Serve with a generous crumbling of goats cheese and devour!
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!
This refined sugar-free caramel slice is heavenly...