Salmon is undoubtedly one of the healthiest foods you can indulge in – it boosts brain health, supports healthy skin, hair and nails and research has even shown salmon to aid in the prevention of heart disease. Winner, winner!
What I love about salmon too, is that unlike other superfoods – salmon is not only tasty, but versatile as well. In our household, we do our best to support ‘meatless Mondays’ and whenever I manage to get to the fish market, this recipe is on regular rotation.
LUXE / HEALTH Miso Salmon + Soba Noodles
2 skinless, boneless salmon fillets
1/4 cup white miso
1/3 cup mirin
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and halved
6–8 spring onions (white bits only), trimmed and cut into thirds
1 portion soba noodles
Handful of sesame seeds, toasted
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together miso paste and mirin, then place salmon fillets in the marinade and let sit for 15–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your vegetables and pop into a baking tray (a reusable foil one works brilliantly!)
- Toss the broccolini and spring onions in a little olive oil, then place the salmon amongst the vegetables and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 5–10 minutes, remove the bushy ends of the broccolini from the oven as they will start to crisp up.
- Cook the soba noodles according to packet directions (around 4 minutes), drain and set aside.
- Once the salmon is ready and cooked to your liking, pile a bowl high with soba noodles, broccolini, spring onions and salmon, then sprinkle generously with toasted sesame seeds and freshly cracked pepper.
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!
This refined sugar-free caramel slice is heavenly...