Salmon is undoubtedly one of the healthiest foods you can indulge in – it boosts brain health, supports healthy skin, hair and nails and research has even shown salmon to aid in the prevention of heart disease. Winner, winner!
What I love about salmon too is that unlike other superfoods (I’m looking at you, kale!) – salmon is not only tasty, but versatile as well. In our household, we do our best to support ‘meatless Mondays’ and whenever I manage to get to the fish market, this recipe is on regular rotation.
If you want a super healthy, super quick midweek meal then look no further. My miso salmon will have you salivating!
LUXE / HEALTH Miso Salmon with Soba Noodles
2 skinless, boneless salmon fillets
1/4 cup white miso
1/3 cup mirin
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and halved
6-8 spring onions (white bits only), trimmed and cut into thirds
1 portion soba noodles
Handful of sesame seeds, toasted
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together miso paste and mirin, then place salmon fillets in the marinade and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your vegetables and pop into a baking tray (I find a disposable foil one works perfectly!)
- Toss the broccolini and spring onions in a little olive oil, then place the salmon amongst the vegetables and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, remove the bushy ends of the broccolini from the oven as they will start to crisp up.
- Cook the soba noodles according to packet directions (around 4 minutes), drain and set aside.
- Once the salmon is ready and cooked to your liking, pile a bowl high with soba noodles, broccolini, spring onions and salmon, then sprinkle generously with toasted sesame seeds and freshly cracked pepper.