Banana bread is one of my all time favourite treats – but it’s also something that usually tastes awful unless it’s brimming with sugar! Well, for all my gluten free, sugar free, dairy free friends out there…this one’s for you. After much recipe testing, here is my ultimate healthy banana bread recipe and I promise, you won’t even notice it’s good for you. Let me know what you think!
LUXE / HEALTH Banana Bread
3 large ripe bananas
2 tbsp. rice malt syrup
1 tsp. vanilla bean powder (Loving Earth is my fave)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 cups almond meal
1 cup shredded coconut
- In the jug attachment of your food processor or blender, mix the bananas, eggs, rice malt syrup, vanilla bean powder, coconut oil, baking soda and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Add the almond meal and coconut and quickly mix once more.
- Preheat your oven to 160, then lightly grease a silicon loaf pan with a little coconut oil.
- Pour in your banana bread batter and bake for 60 minutes until golden brown and until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out dry.
- Note – after around 30-45 minutes, simply cover your loaf with a bit of foil to prevent the top from burning too much.
- Allow to cool (if you can!) before tipping out of the silicon pan, then serve warm with butter, almond butter or honey.
- Keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days.