With autumn well and truly upon us, sometimes a summer salad just ain’t gonna cut it! But the cooler months don’t need to mean stodgy stews and soups everyday. This simple salad literally takes 20 minutes to whip up and is the perfect solution for those lunchtime hunger pangs…enjoy!
LUXE / HEALTH Dukkah Roast Cauliflower and Haloumi Salad
1/4 cauliflower, broken into florets
Roughly 2 tbsp. dukkah
Handful of snow peas, ends trimmed
2 radish, thinly sliced
Pinch chilli flakes
2 chunky slices of haloumi
For the dressing:
2 tbsp. tahini
Juice of half a lemon
- In a hand blender, blitz the tahini, lemon juice and a good glug of olive oil until the dressing comes together and is creamy. Then, set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180, then toss your cauliflower florets with olive oil and dukkah to coat. Roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a frypan then toss your snow peas in the pan for a couple of minutes until they are cooked through but still crunchy. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and toss well before setting aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, cook your haloumi for 3-4 minutes on each side until soft and caramelised.
- When your cauliflower is ready, add it to your bowl with snow peas and radish and mix well.
- Smear a little tahini dressing on your serving plate, then pile your salad high and serve with haloumi on the side.