I don’t know about you, but so many of my Sunday afternoons are spent trying to plan out some healthy dinners for the week while at the same time trying to think of new ways to bring a little LUXE to my work lunches. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love a salad! But sometimes I crave something a little more substantial and a little more comforting.
As a new cooler season approaches, here’s a super simple healthy version of fried rice which will keep you feeling full till dinnertime.
LUXE / HEALTH simple fried rice
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 spring onions, diced finely
1/4 small red cabbage, finely sliced
1-2 tbsp. soy sauce (gluten free or Tamari)
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Pinch dried chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
- To begin, cook the brown rice (one of those single serve 90 second microwave bags is perfect – or alternatively, this is a great recipe to use up leftovers!)
- In one frypan, heat a little coconut oil then add the diced spring onions and red cabbage and toss for a few minutes until the cabbage softens slightly.
- In another frypan, fry one egg in a little coconut oil or butter.
- Add the cooked brown rice to the spring onions and cabbage, then add soy sauce and a good splash of the apple cider vinegar and toss well.
- Taste, then add a little more soy sauce or vinegar to suit before tipping into a small bowl.
- Top the rice with the fried egg, freshly cracked salt and pepper and a pinch of dried chilli flakes. Delish!