If you’re looking for the perfect dish to welcome in autumn, this is it!
Inspired by a recipe I found and adapted from an old cookbook years ago, it remains a firm favourite in our household to this day. To be honest, it’s usually the dish I revert to when I’m lacking inspiration or energy as it’s a one pot wonder that’s packed with flavour.
LUXE / HEALTH Braised Asian Chicken
(Serves 4 + leftovers)
10–12 chicken thighs
1 cup soy sauce
1 litre water
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
4–5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
Generous pinch of dried chilli flakes
Handful sesame seeds
1 bunch steamed broccolini or green beans
1 packet soba noodles
- In a large saucepan, combine the soy sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes, cinnamon and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan, then reduce to a medium heat and simmer, uncovered, for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, toast the sesame seeds until golden brown. Set aside.
- After 50 minutes, the chicken should be cooked through and braised a beautiful golden brown.
- Cook the soba noodles according to packet directions and drain well (they usually take about 4 minutes).
- To serve, place 2–3 chicken thighs on a small bed of soba noodles, add the steamed greens, a little broth from the saucepan and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Simple!
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!
This refined sugar-free caramel slice is heavenly...