I love being in the kitchen, but some days I get home from work and stare into the fridge with little to no inspiration as to what for cook for dinner. On days like that, this recipe is a godsend as it’s super quick to rustle up, it’s incredibly comforting and yet you’re not compromising on health as it serves up a huge dose of protein and greens. Aaaand…it’s pretty as a picture too!
LUXE / HEALTH Chicken and Broccolini Zoodles
1 large chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 bunch broccolini, each stem trimmed into thirds
4 small zucchini, spiralised
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, finely diced
1 small handful slivered almonds, toasted
Zest and juice of one lemon
Freshly grated parmesan, to serve
Salt and pepper
- In a wok or large frypan, heat a little olive oil and stir fry the chilli, crushed garlic and chicken strips until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Steam the broccolini in a little water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until cooked through, but still crunchy. Drain well and set aside.
- Toast the slivered almonds in a dry saucepan for a few minutes until golden brown. They will smell delicious!
- Add a little more oil to your pan, then stir fry the zucchini noodles until they are heated through.
- Toss through the lemon zest, then add the chicken, broccolini and cherry tomatoes to the pan and heat through.
- Squeeze over the fresh lemon juice and toss well. The cherry tomatoes will wilt nicely as they begin to cook through, adding moisture to the dish.
- Once the zucchini noodles have softened a little, they’re ready!
- Tip into two bowls then sprinkle over the toasted almonds and serve with a generous crack of salt and pepper and freshly grated parmesan.