Prawns are one of the most versatile proteins and the fact that they cook in mere minutes, make them the perfect weekday dinner dish! This recipe combines some of my favourite ingredients so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do…
LUXE / HEALTH Coconut Soba Prawns
12-18 large kind prawns, deveined but with tails still intact
1 packet soba noodles
2 red chillies, finely diced
4 spring onions, finely sliced
2 small bunches pak choy
1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 handful shredded coconut
For the dressing:
165ml coconut milk
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. coconut sugar
Juice of 1 lime
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside until needed.
- Heat a small saucepan, then toss in the shredded coconut and toss for a few minutes until toasted. Set aside.
- Cook the soba noodles according to packet directions, then drain well.
- Wash and roughly chop the pak choy, steam for a couple of minutes and drain well.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a pan, add the chilli and spring onion and toss for a minute of two.
- Add the prawns and cook for another few minutes until they change colour and are pink and juicy.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the drained soba noodles with the pak choy and coconut dressing.
- Divide the noodle salad between two bowls, then spoon over the prawns and sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander and toasted coconut.