My love affair with prawns may be getting out of hand… but seriously, this salad is mouthwateringly delicious!
LUXE / HEALTH Prawn and Mango Salad
12–18 large king prawns, deveined but with tails intact
1/2 packet rice noodles
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced into chunks
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 small bunches pak choy
For the dressing:
1 red chilli, with seeds, finely diced
1 large tsp. raw honey
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing, mix the chilli, honey and lemon juice with a good glug of olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water according to the packet directions, then rinse and drain well.
- Roughly chop the pak choy and steam for a few minutes in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, place the mango slices, pak choy and cooked rice noodles. Pour over 3/4 of the dressing and mix well with your hands.
- To cook the prawns, heat a little coconut oil in a pan and then heat through until they change colour, brushing their flesh with the remaining dressing while they cook to seal in the flavour. The honey in the dressing will help the prawns to caramelise and get nice and sticky!
- Once the prawns are cooked, toss the fresh coriander through the noodle salad and tip into two bowls. Top with the cooked prawns and drizzle over any remaining dressing. Enjoy!
I don't know about you, but during summer, I begin to crave lighter dishes for dinner...
Craving something salty? These purple carrot wedges are the perfect snack.
There is nothing more satisfying than this tasty bone marrow dish, hot out of the oven!