In my opinion, there is simply nothing better than taking your workout outdoors! So grab yourself a resistance band (I use Circuband) and get moving. I promise, these five moves will have you breaking a sweat in five minutes flat!
Circuband Workout – aim for 3 sets of 15 reps for each exercise
- As you flex the bar towards you, ensure you keep yourself strong and upright. Try not to use the momentum of rocking back and forth to lift the bar.
Single arm chest press/Box punch (15 each arm)
- This is basically a modified chest press movement and using the resistance band, you’ll feel the stretch through your shoulders, chest and upper back.
- Sit with your feet planted firmly in front of you and tilt back 45 degrees. As you pull the band towards you, make sure you keep your back and core locked in strong, focusing on bringing your shoulder blades together.
Side Swipe/Static Ski
- With this move, you want to focus on pulling the band down on each side, working your abs and building your core strength. Once you’ve mastered this move with your legs static, feel free to add a lateral lunge (but trust me, it’s much harder than it looks!)
- Make sure you keep your shoulders down and back throughout the movement.